Een RPG-forum gebaseerd op de Hongerspelen. Maak een personage aan voor een van de districten en doe mee aan de Hongerspelen!

IndexLaatste afbeeldingenZoekenRegistrerenInloggen

N

O

S

A

E

S

S

T

H

G

I

L

T

O

P

S

Personage van het seizoen
Milly Butterworth
Winnares 1e Spelen
Sage Malone
Winnares 2e Spelen
Madelynn Bristow
Winnares 3e Spelen
Solar Gbadamosi
Winnares 4e Spelen
Kasa Locklear

F

F

A

T

S

Admini
Cecilia Peak
Admini
Tyrell Peak
Nike Foxglove
Matthew Mills

S

T

I

D

E

R

C

© 2013 - 2015
De Hongerspelen RPG is ontworpen en gemaakt door de Adminies en is gebaseerd op de Hongerspelen trilogie van Suzanne Collins.

Deze skin is getest op
Google ChromeMozilla Firefox

Deel

[ENG] May I Ask You A Question?

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Ga naar beneden 
AuteurBericht
Tyrell Peak
Hoofd Spelmaker
Tyrell Peak

PROFIELAantal berichten : 2155
Registratiedatum : 20-07-13
KARAKTER
Karakter Informatie
Geslacht: Man
Beroep: Spelmaker
Leeftijd: 33

[ENG] May I Ask You A Question? Empty
Onderwerp: [ENG] May I Ask You A Question? | za dec 26, 2015 11:02 am

Let’s go back a few days, to an afternoon just a couple of days before the Reaping, when Tyrell was walking through the busy streets of the Capitol. He was taking a break, on the look for Inspiration, because all day he had thought of the Games. Of the arena in particular.

He had been there, in the arena. Not literally, but virtually, by using a virtual reality headset. He had had to swap his colored glasses for a headset that deprived him of his view of the room he was in and showed him the arena. There was, in fact, at that moment a small fly-like robot in the arena, which camera eyes functioned now as the eyes of Tyrell. He could even control the movements of the robot-fly, so that he could fly through the arena, without moving an inch.

It was so much easier than traveling to the arena (which would take at least eight hours by hovercraft, if it wasn’t more than eight. Tyrell wasn’t really interested in the amount of time the tributes had to travel.)
Of course, by using a headset, he couldn’t feel the temperature of the arena, neither could he feel the earth or ice or lava under his feet, nor could he smell the trees or flowers or whatever happened to be placed in the soon-to-be battlefield.
But he could see it. He could see where the tributes would walk (or preferably, run) and he could see what would give some trouble and what should be improved before the first day of fighting. And he could see what definitely worked. The sight of the Cornucopia, placed right in… well, that’s of course top secret.

Back to the Capitol.

Tyrell had put off the headset after having crossed the arena a thousand times and had decided to go for a walk, so he could think through what he had seen. There was put a great deal of work into the arena and that certainly was showing, but he wanted to make sure that this arena topped the previous arenas and he wasn’t sure if that was the case at the moment. Was it missing the cake of the first arena? Or would the arena be too harsh on the tributes?

Lost in thought he was walking the street, until suddenly, unexpectedly, someone held a microphone in front of his face. He noticed a camera and realized that the woman that held the microphone asked him a question about some dull, irrelevant matter. He hardly listened, but instead said: ‘I’m quite sure I’m not the right person to answer that question. Here, ask this person.’ And with these words he dragged a random person that was close by in front of the camera. Or, at least, he tried to.

OOC: Nog even een topicje voor de Spelen ^^ Feel free to be the random person.
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
http://goldenlionofra.deviantart.com
Larry Bauer
Capitool
Larry Bauer

PROFIELAantal berichten : 20
Registratiedatum : 04-11-15
KARAKTER
Karakter Informatie
Beroep: Directeur "Plastic Perfection"
Leeftijd: 57 jaar

Onderwerp: Re: [ENG] May I Ask You A Question? | do dec 31, 2015 4:15 pm

Lunch breaks were without a doubt the most enjoyable moments of Larry's day. All his employees took a thirty minute break to eat, talk or whatever they did in their free time. Sometimes Larry stayed behind to talk to his employees, to hit on Deborah, or to make some weird gambles with them. On the rare days he felt like it, he would visit his brother and actually said a nice word or two about the advertisments he made. A little praise every now and then was always beneficial! But he also had to think about himself, didn't he? Larry loved his work. Sitting in his leather chair behind his big desk, filling out all kinds of forms, it was amazing. He only had to move the muscles in his hand - and in his brain, not to forget - to complete his work. It was heaven. Yes, this was what he had worked so hard for all these years. To be the president of his father's company.

But one thing Larry loved more than bossing people around, was food. He allowed himself multiple snack breaks at work and went out for dinner approximately 5 times a week. He liked to eat good, to eat a lot. Food was like a hobby to him. At least, acquiring food, not making it. And that was why Larry had decided to venture outside during this break, to purchase some new sandwich they would be sold in his favourite store. Hmm, he was already looking forward to it! Apparently, the new sandwich consisted of spiced chicken, lettuce and bacon, with a mystery dressing. It seemed to be very hard to describe the taste of the dressing, which attracted curious buyers. Larry was definitely one of them.

However, he was stopped in his tracks on the way there. Just when Larry had lighted his cigar, a hand grabbed his arm and dragged him in front of a camera. For a moment, he looked puzzled, but as soon as he realized he was on TV, he plastered a smile all over his face. He didn't mind a bit of publicity. 'Could you repeat the question, doll?' he asked the woman with the microphone. At the same time, he showed one of his simply dazzling smiles at the camera. Yes, Larry was absolutely made for the spotlight.
While the woman was struggling to comprehend why Larry had suddenly appeared in sight, he looked at his mystery abductor. It only took Larry a second to recognize the man. 'Ah, Mr. Peak!' Yes, of course he knew his family. Even though Larry wasn't closely related to the Peaks in the least, he took great pride in his descendence from roughly the same family tree as the President and the Game Master of Panem. He doubted they even really knew him, but it was not like he cared about that. He was family and that was more than enough. 'How nice to meet you here! I bet the public is very curious about the Arena,' Larry said. Smooth. So smooth. In the mean time, he tried to pay attention to the woman. Had she asked the question yet or was that just never going to happen?
Tyrell Peak
Hoofd Spelmaker
Tyrell Peak

KARAKTER
Karakter Informatie

Onderwerp: Re: [ENG] May I Ask You A Question? | vr jan 08, 2016 4:57 pm

The person Tyrell dragged in front of the camera appeared to be the kind of man that you wouldn’t want to invite to an all-you-can-eat dinner. The journalist was clearly surprised by the change of subject and didn’t seem to know what to do. The cameraman, on the other hand, immediately zoomed out, so that the fat man could fit neatly in the screen. Just in time to capture the smile on the face of the stranger.
Tyrell didn’t really have a plan when he dragged the stranger in front of the camera, he only knew that he didn’t feel like answering boring questions. Now that he had escaped the question, he wavered. Walk on, or watch the struggle of the journalist?

At that moment, the stranger looked at Tyrell. ‘Ah, Mister Peak!’ He exclaimed. Tyrell had never seen the man before (or, if he had, he had forgotten about the man’s existence), but that was hardly surprising anymore. Ever since the success of the first Hunger Games, Tyrell had become famous. Famous. Ten years ago, no, even five years ago, he would never have believed that this day would come – and the funny thing was, he kind of owed his success to the rebellious districts.

Anyway, that’s not so relevant at the moment. The important thing was that he was recognized by a stranger who smoothly said: ‘I bet the public is very curious about the Arena.’
‘I bet they are,’ agreed Tyrell immediately, with a subtle smile. Meanwhile, the woman and the cameraman held a short discussion and decided to move a little, so they could take full advantage of this new situation. The face of the journalist spoke volumes: she clearly thought that if she could record the conversation between the fat man and Tyrell, she would get a valuable news item. Tyrell tried to ignore the two of them and said to the stranger: ‘I bet you are too.’ Just because he liked to remind others of the fact that he was one of the few who knew what the arena looked like in every detail.
‘Wait,’ the journalist said suddenly. ‘Just for the record. Do you two know each other?’
Larry Bauer
Capitool
Larry Bauer

KARAKTER
Karakter Informatie

Onderwerp: Re: [ENG] May I Ask You A Question? | do maa 03, 2016 9:11 pm

Normally, it would greatly disturb Larry to be interrupted during his lunch time, but now his oh-so-closely-related-family-member had dragged him in front of a camera, he couldn't think of any reason why he would be feeling sad. Hopefully he could mention the name of his company a few times, advertise a little. That would work better than any of the advertisements his lousy brother, Patrick, made.
That aside, Larry faced Tyrell, ignoring that the man probably wouldn't know him. Because of course the Peaks knew about him! Larry liked to think there were other things beside his weight that made people remember his face. So his smile was turned to "maximum charisma" as he shot another look at the woman who was interviewing them, before realising that there wasn't going to be a lot coming out of her mouth.

Attention back to Tyrell. The man agreed with his earlier statement - that was good - and the camera team decided this was a very good development in the current situation. They moved back, tried to catch everything that happened. How cute. It made Larry want to ask Tyrell a totally different question, just so he could play a little game of waiting with the journalist. But that chance had quickly passed. The conversation went on.
Tyrell shot a remark right back and Larry nodded, deciding this was the perfect moment. 'Yes, of course! Just as curious as all of my employees at Plastic Perfection,' he said, shooting a quick smile to his invisible public. They knew about his company, they just needed a little reminder that their faces wouldn't be looking any younger tomorrow. They just had to come for quick and easy maintenance. He would bet that a few ladies had run to the mirror now and were checking for any wrinkles. Maybe a few of them were calling Deborah already. Or no, they would of course wait for this thrilling conversation to be over. And thén, undoubtedly, they would call for an appointment.

The next question of the journalist wasn't a hard one. Larry didn't even wait for Tyrell to answer. 'As a matter of fact, we do!' Larry laughed, heartily. 'We are family!' He let that sink in, because it was the most prestigious detail in his whole life. He was very proud of this little fact. 'Not directly of course,' he then clarified, waving his hand and laughing to the journalist as if she had said something very funny. 'But we are most certainly related,' Larry smiled. He also shot a smile at Tyrell. No matter how fake the smile, it was always better than a frown.
Then Larry decided that the precise detail of how much he was related to the Peaks didn't really matter all that much, no, not at all, and that he could better return to the question at hand. 'So, Mr. Peak, can you give us any exciting hints about the Arena?' The journalist seemed to agree with this course of the conversation as she inched closer, nodding but not saying anything. Journalists. Always hungry for every irrelevant detail they could get their hands on. Larry wanted to shake his head, but he kept his composure. He had an impression to make and to maintain.

OOC: Sorry for the long wait! Hopelijk kan je er wat mee, ook al zijn de Spelen al begonnen o: Larry gaat voor dat familie diner man~
Tyrell Peak
Hoofd Spelmaker
Tyrell Peak

KARAKTER
Karakter Informatie

Onderwerp: Re: [ENG] May I Ask You A Question? | za maa 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Of course the fat man was curious about the arena. He would’ve been a poor example of a Capitol citizen if he wasn’t. He also would’ve been a poor example of a Capitol citizen if he hadn’t made use of the situation to mention his status in the city. Apparently the man was the owner of Plastic Perfection, whatever the heck that was. Tyrell wasn’t really familiar with these kinds of companies – that was more his sister’s cup of tea. (At least, he assumed that Plastic Perfection was a company to enhance or preserve the beauty of flamboyant people, and not, say, a company that made plastic toys for kids.)

Then something strange happened. The journalist asked if Tyrell and the fat man knew one another. Tyrell immediately wanted to make clear that this wasn’t the case, but he was too late. ‘As a matter of fact, we do!’ said the owner of Plastic Perfection. ‘We are family!’ At that last word Tyrell stared at the stranger as if he were mad. Family? As far as he knew, he hadn’t any family left in the world except for the blue haired tyrant that was his sister. He knew people would say the strangest things to appear more important, but this was just ridiculous and unbelievable. Family?

The stranger clarified that he wasn’t direct family of the famous Peak siblings, but most certainly related. Tyrell didn’t know what to say or to do, because he was as confused as if a Psyduck had attacked him with Confuse Ray (not that he knew anything about Confuse Ray, or Psyducks for that matter). Did Cecilia know that this ugly man was family of hers? No, probably not. She would die of shame if she knew she was related to a hippopotamus. Unless she thought business success was more important than appearance, of course. He couldn’t wait to see if Cecilia would shake hands with this stranger/family member.

The main question at this very moment, however, was whether he would act like he indeed knew the man (which probably wouldn’t be very convincing, giving his total astonishment just a few seconds ago) or ask for the name of his so-called family relation.
The man changed the subject before Tyrell had made up his mind and said: ‘So, Mr. Peak, can you give us any exciting hints about the Arena?’

‘I can,’ said Tyrell, without a moment hesitation and with an authoritative air that was meant to hide his confusion. ‘There isn’t really anyone who can stop me from saying anything, is there?’ He shrugged. ‘And yet, I won’t.’ There would probably be a lot of people angry with him for this answer. Not in the least his sister, who would say he was arrogant and that she would’ve fired him had he said anything valuable. But he could handle that. He just enjoyed these kinds of situations so much. He knew what kind of dangers this year’s tributes would have to face and it was almost addictive to remind others that they didn’t know anything about the arena. All right, all right, maybe not almost, but rather totally addictive.
‘I suppose my answer would have been different if there hadn’t been a camera around,’ Tyrell said. ‘You, as a member of the family, should’ve known that.’ Tyrell looked at the man solemnly and somewhat inquiringly and tried to ignore the eager expression of the journalist. ‘But then it has been such a long time since we spoke last time. I’ve even forgotten your name!’
Larry Bauer
Capitool
Larry Bauer

KARAKTER
Karakter Informatie

Onderwerp: Re: [ENG] May I Ask You A Question? | ma mei 02, 2016 11:35 am

Larry didn't hesitate and directly told the charming woman next to the camera that yes, OF COURSE he knew Tyrell Peak. That in fact, he also had the right to claim he knew Cecilia Peak, since they were all related. One happy little family. He decided to leave out the tedious facts that he had never really spoken to either of the Peaks in person, or that they had never even been in the same room before. Also, the little matter of how much he was in fact related to them was not really important. Luckily, neither Tyrell or the woman asked him about that. They'd only get an evasive answer, of course. Larry was no stranger to talking his way out of things. Still, he sincerly hoped it wouldn't come to that. He was enjoying the shocked stares of his companions too much for that.

His change of subject worked and Tyrell decided to go along with it. Well, Larry concluded, apparently it was in their genes, to evade important questions. Tyrell made very clear that he had all the information but wouldn't give any of it up. Shame, shame, but he hadn't expected anything else. Furthermore, there wouldn't really be any thrill in watching the Tributes get transported into the Arena when you already knew where they would get stuck, right? Larry grinned when Tyrell reminded him it wasn't very likely that he'd give any answer in front of a camera. True, very true, but Larry was a gambling man. And he'd even take his chances when the odds were low. So he just nodded at Tyrell. 'Still, it never hurts to try!' From his mouth, these words sounded less like the encouraging statement they were probably meant to be and more like a slogan for rich people with too much time on their hands. It fit him exactly. Try it, because what else are you going to do with your time? Larry thought he knew the answer to that.

His attention drawn to Tyrell once again when he asked for his name. It was a good thing Tyrell instantaneously solved the problem Larry had been facing; if they were family, why didn't the good Mister Peak recognise him? Well, because it had been so long since they last met. Thank you very much, my good sir. Larry firmly believed that Lady Luck was looking out for him. 'Ah, that is completely understandable,' he told Tyrell, ignoring the camera now. He had already announced his company on television, now it was a better idea to show all people watching how well he got along with Mister Peak. At least it was something to brag about at his next dinner party. Also, this was one firm step closer to meeting the other Peak. They were like a pair; most valuable when you had both. If Larry played his cards right, he might even get somewhat closer to those two.

For a moment Larry considered not telling his name at all, but he figured that Tyrell could easily find out after he escaped from this whole scene. 'I am Larry Bauer,' he said, with a confident smile. 'You are completely right though, that it has been too long since we spoke. Perhaps we should fix that. When is the next of your outstanding parties? I'd love to attend. Or maybe it is time for another family dinner?' It didn't bother Larry at all that all of his words were plain lies. He had never attended any party hosted by the Peaks, he had never been invited, he doubted they even had family dinners. But why should he care? This conversation was directly influenced by the presence of the camera and as long as Larry could use that to his advantage, he had the upperhand in this conversation. Not that he knew exactly what he was trying to achieve, but any chance to be shown as close to the leaders of the country was no bad thing for your popularity. All these happy thoughts kept Larry's smile on his face. 'Why, I could invite you over for lunch or dinner some time, Mister Peak,' Larry concluded. Now it was time to observe and see what steps should be taken next..
Tyrell Peak
Hoofd Spelmaker
Tyrell Peak

KARAKTER
Karakter Informatie

Onderwerp: Re: [ENG] May I Ask You A Question? | za mei 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Tyrell was quite enjoying his strange conversation with the man that he would get to know as Mister Larry Bauer. It was a bit of a game. A little game of pretence and of trying to understand the motives of someone you didn't know. Tyrell thought it wasn't hard to guess Larry Bauer's motives: either he thought he could get more famous and sell more of his products when he appeared as a friend/family member of such powerful people as the Peaks, or he was secretly in love with Cecilia and wanted to get to know her. Tyrell thought that last option was totally ridiculous but also extremely funny, so obviously he hoped it was true.

Despite me using Larry's name in this text, Tyrell didn't know the man's name up until the moment the stranger said: 'I am Larry Bauer. You are completely right though, that it has been too long since we spoke.' After which the man practically invited himself to the next "outstanding party" or family dinner. Tyrell glanced at the camera. He had to admit that mister Bauer was quite extraordinary by telling lies in front of the camera. He couldn't possibly just assume that Tyrell would play along. What would happen if Tyrell would stop playing his game? Would that hurt Bauer's company? Ah, the risk. You didn't get successful if you didn't take risks, Bauer probably knew that very well.

'Why, I could invite you over for lunch or dinner some time, Mister Peak,' said Larry Bauer eventually. Well, how about no? Thought Tyrell immediately. He wasn't particularly fond of dinners with lots of people and he suspected that a dinner with just Larry would be even worse. Besides, he just didn't have time for any such thing. Or maybe he just thought he didn't have time for any such thing.
'That sounds...' Tyrell hesitated for a moment, trying out several responses in his head, like "like a waste of time", "more like a thing for Cecilia" and "horrible", but there was such a thing as public relations, especially when confronted with a camera, so he just went with: '...nice. I am, however, very busy at the moment. You'll undoubtedly understand. In fact,' he cast a look at his watch, 'I need to go back to the headquarters. Maybe I'll have some spare time when the Hunger Games are over.' He touched his hat as a way of saying good-day.

OOC: Ik probeer al een paar dagen te bedenken hoe ik mijn post af ga ronden, en ik heb nog steeds geen flauw idee, dus dan maar zo  Innocent Ik heb expres nog niet geschreven dat Tyrell weg loopt, omdat ik niet weet of jij nog plannen hebt voor dit topic en zo... So, that's up to you ^^
Larry Bauer
Capitool
Larry Bauer

KARAKTER
Karakter Informatie

Onderwerp: Re: [ENG] May I Ask You A Question? | zo mei 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Larry did not feel any remorse, or guilt, that he was just lying in front of the cameras. What did they know? As long as Mr. Peak was entertained, he was unlikely to stop the charade. And if he did, oh well, then it was a game well played and well lost. Larry wasn't exactly the 'poor loser' type. He took it with a smile and a promise to defeat the other next time. Because what was life without its challenges? Larry just loved it. And that's why he was lying, plain and simple, to anyone watching the tv. His relatives and his employees knew none of this was really true, but what could they do? Poor, helpless, stupid at that. No, he was safe where he was. As safe as a gambling man could ever be.

It pleased Larry that Mr. Peak had not directly walked away. Okay, there was a camera, but he had captured Mr. Peaks attention long enough to get the media attention he wanted. Oh, and the tiny winy detail that the Peaks (one of them, but he saw them as a pair) knew of his existence. The goals of his conversation were satisfied.
Larry even got to the point where he practically invited himself for a family party. Yes, he was that kind of person. He was very good at making sure he would be somewhere. Many people had suffered from this before and well, Mr. Peak was no different in this respect. The camera practically forced the good man to at least say something within the social conventions. Larry's smile never faltered.

'Of course I understand,' Larry replied, confidently. He was family of the Peaks, of course hé knew how busy they were. That would stand to reason, would it not? 'We will keep in touch,' Larry told Mr. Peak. Yes, they would, naturally. That was what family did. Mostly. But that was something the viewers didn't know. Larry reprociated the greeting from Tyrell by nodding to the man. 'Yes, we are all looking forward to the splendor of the Games!'
He then remained silent as Tyrell walked away, but was not leaving yet. Why would he stop gracing the viewership of the most important Channel of the Capitol with his presence? He saw no reason to leave. He would convince - or just order - Deborah to get the newest sandwich for him and he would eat it at work. He had to judge his brothers commercials then anyway, he could eat during that. No shame. So, Larry remained in front of the camera and generously shared his views on the upcoming Hunger Games with the eager journalist. What a day. A good day, at that. Sometimes things just went your way; he was loving it.

TOPIC END

OOC: Teehee, ik heb ook niet echt specifieke plannen meer! Maar het was leuk om m'n oh so close family te ontmoeten~ Next: family partyy :ch:
Gesponsorde inhoud

PROFIEL
KARAKTER

Onderwerp: Re: [ENG] May I Ask You A Question? |

[ENG] May I Ask You A Question?

Vorige onderwerp Volgende onderwerp Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
De Hongerspelen :: Districten :: Het Capitool-